On 14 December 1988, 4ZZZ was taken off air and forcibly evicted from its UQ premises by the then student union executive, headed by one Victoria Brazil. The move prompted many previously apolitical students to take a firm stand against the move and to rally support for the station. While Zed was not to return to the premises its' volunteers had helped hand-build, unprecedented community support saw the station live to fight another day.
- 4ZZZ has a weekly listenership of 114,250 per week.
- Demographic 18-54 years old. Male 51%, female 49%.
- 4ZZZ’s captive listeners are trendsetters, media bloggers and forum creators. They are their own guerrilla-marketing network for all new styles of music, culture and lifestyle options.
- Our trendsetting listeners are fast paced discerning consumers who are open to the suggestions made on community radio without the cynicism and saturation that occurs in other media formats. They trust that if a message is played during a specific show it is relevant to their lifestyle.
- 4ZZZ broadcasts a diverse range of programs 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- 4ZZZ broadcasts on air to the greater Brisbane area, reaches as far as the Sunshine Coast and to the Gold Coast area and out West to Toowoomba. Our live stream is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world.
- 4ZZZ Website: Receives 25,500 unique visits in an average month.
Facebook: Over 19,500+ friends from around the world see our updates everyday.
Twitter: 10,000 followers and rising.
* All stats are derived from McNair Community Radio National Listener Survey 2014-2015 and Google Analytics.