Before 4ZZ could start broadcasting in 1975, a transmitter was ordered from the U.S. But after it was lost on the dock in New York, 4ZZ's chief engineer at the time Ross Dannecker built the station's first transmitter.
4ZZZ Finance & Administration Officer (Permanent Part Time)
4ZZZ are recruiting for a permanent part-time Finance & Administration officer – a unique opportunity to support the future of Brisbane’s oldest and most innovative community radio broadcaster.
4ZZZ is one of the most unique independent community broadcasters in Australia, providing support and advocacy for musicians, artists and creative counter-cultures, and a radical alternative to mainstream news and issues. 4ZZZ is renowned for community engagement, exceptional training services and for promoting local and Australian music - not to mention putting on live music events and gigs!
The Finance & Administration Officer is responsible to the General Manager for the financial management and general administration of the station. This position is appointed by the General Manager, the Treasurer and one other Board member &/or employee of the station. This role is key to supporting the General Manager who is responsible for overseeing the work of a large body of passionate volunteers committed to the 4ZZZ culture and ethos. This role also supports the overall operations of the station.
The Finance and Administration Officer works in partnership and alongside 4zzz's bookkeeper, employees and volunteers of the station. Further to this, the position will work closely with the General Manager and Treasurer to ensure financial reporting is transparent and accurate.
Check out our website at http:www.4zzzfm.org.au/ or simply tune in to 102.1fm to find out why there's no other station like this in the world!
- Have at least one to two years experience in a similar role. Including the processing of cash, payroll, accounts receivables and payables and, general ledger costing. The ability to complete balance sheet reconciliations including bank, employee entitlements, accrued expenses and prepayments.
- Have a basic understanding of tax, superannuation and GST.
- Competency in all aspects of a financial management system. Experience in MYOB accounting software or equivalent and on-line banking systems.
- Experience in financial reporting and other reporting to management.
- Have beginner to intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and other office based software, including Microsoft Word, Internet and E-mail.
- Experience in administration systems in an office environment.
- Experience in project management and the delivery of desired outcomes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience in a not-for-profit or a community organisation.
Up to $40k per annum based on experience pro rata to 4 days, plus 9.5 percent superannuation.
Please send a cover letter and resume (maximum of 3 pages) responding to the selection criteria by midday, Friday 3rd February 2017. Applicants must be available to work Mondays; the three-remainder days are negotiable and will be dependant on the stations operating requirements.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.