Wavelength Recording Studios
Discount rate for 4ZZZ subscribers
Wavelength Recording welcomes all current subscribers of Brisbane’s 4ZZZ 102.1FM community radio Station to use the studio at a discounted rate of 10% off normal booking prices.
Live Recording for 4ZZZ
Apart from the regular benefits of subscribing to 4ZZZ, subscriber bands and artists are eligible to request a live recording of their band to be played on 4ZZZ community radio.
Live recordings may be broadcast live or recorded live to tape for future broadcast.
Live recording for 4ZZZ – the fine print
In deciding the date that the live recording will be broadcast on 4ZZZ, the station will try to reach mutual agreement with the artist(s) but will ultimately have the final say.
Bands and artists who are currently subscribed to 4ZZZ are eligible to record a “live” set of no more than 45 minutes each.
The entire live set recording will be no longer than 60 minutes including interview time, taking into account the availability at Wavelength Recording and of the broadcast personnel provided by 4ZZZ to undertake the recording (should a live to air recording be arranged).
Subscriber bands and artists who record a live set for 4ZZZ have permission to release any part of the recording as delivered by Wavelength Recording providing that;
- In granting that permission, subscribers pay a nominal fee of $75 to 4ZZZ and $175 to Wavelength Recording, a total of $250, as payment for the Sound Recording Copyright and expenses.
- Ownership of the original raw files remains with Wavelength Recording.
- That, if further work is requested by the subscriber, a fee for that service will be negotiated with Wavelength Recording.
- That 4ZZZ and Wavelength Recording be given credits on any artwork or promotion of the release.
- That 4ZZZ has the right to produce a compilation album of any part of the recordings available at any given time, at a maximum of one track per subscriber.
- That the compilation album be free of any mechanical royalties’ that are payable to the artist.
- That the subscriber and 4ZZZ have the right to exploit the release in any media and form and maintain the good reputation of all parties involved associated with the release.
- That 4ZZZ has the right to rebroadcast, syndicate, and distribute any part the recording or broadcast in any manner 4ZZZ deems appropriate either within the station or to the community at large, either for profit or gratis.
- That the subscriber upholds the good reputation of both 4ZZZ and Wavelength Recording.
-That Wavelength Recording and 4ZZZ individually have the right not to record or broadcast the “Live Set” due to lack of availability of staff or recording time at Wavelength Recording, reputation of the subscriber, content or themes of music and songs that contravene policies of 4ZZZ or CBAA guidelines, programming decisions, any anti-discrimination legislation or any other reason.
This agreement does not bind 4ZZZ and Wavelength Recording to exclusivity and can be terminated in writing by any party, at any time, for any reason.