When 4ZZZ's original space was being built by hand under the Schonell Theatre at Queensland University, a baby grand piano from the theatre above was bricked in to Studio 3. We don't know how they got it out...
To apply or request full role descriptions email volunteerdept [at] 4zzz [dot] org [dot] au with your subscriber number.
Want to hear about these job first? Become a volunteer at 4ZZZ !
New Volunteer Welcome Days are held once a month during the day, with an after hours session scheduled for 6pm -7pm for those with day jobs. Here we'll give you all the info you need to start volunteering, find out where you'd fit in best and answer any questions you may have. You will be invited to a Welcome day once you have submitted a volunteer application.
Positions currently available to 4ZZZ volunteers
last updated: 23/5/2013
Computers Software & Hardware Support
An opportunity to assist our Technical Coordinator one day a week is available at 4ZZZ. A familiarity with administering and maintaining Window/PC and Mac computers will score you top points as well as an ability to solve basic networking issues and general computer maintenance.
RADIOTHON SPONSORSHIP PROJECT COORDINATOR
• Work with sponsorship staff to create a radiothon media kit
• Sourcing prizes from sponsors (Gold, Gold Musician, Silver, Bronze)
• Creating booking forms and getting sponsors to sign – saving booking forms
• Database entry of all bookings and upkeep
• Creating prize document for announcers and volunteers
• Gathering relevant info from sponsors (scripts, music suggestions, logos)
• Organising the production of the spots with production dept
• Email spots to sponsors for approval and finalise when spots will be aired
• Rostering spots
• Website entry of sponsors
• Collecting prizes from sponsors
• Documenting the delivery of all prizes
• Working with Radiothon admin manager to coordinate smooth prize collection process
Availability / Duration: ASAP to September 30
Approx hours per week: 5 – 10, more in the first months then less after Radiothon
SUB-DISCOUNT OUTLET COORDINATOR
The 4ZZZ sub-discount outlet volunteer will maintain and update current sub-outlet information every few months, regularly contact outlets to make sure they are happy and find and set up new sub-discount outlets.
Current Sub-Discount Outlets:
The sub-discount outlet volunteer will be responsible for maintaining up to date information and keeping in touch with current sub-discount outlets regularly. This includes their website listing, contact details on-air spot and discount to 4ZZZ subscribers.
Recruitment of new sub-discount outlets:
The sub-discount volunteer will be responsible for finding new and exciting 4ZZZ sub-discount outlets (around town and online) and setting them up. This includes spot production (receiving scripts and getting the production team to produce), spot rostering, entering the outlet on our website and database, filling out contract forms and sending sub-outlet poster to outlet.
WONDERING HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO 4ZZZ FOR 4 HOURS A WEEK?
4ZZZ’s front desk has shifts to fill during the week Monday – Friday 10am-1pm or 1pm -4pm. 4ZZZ’s front line is responsible for answering incoming phone calls, upload community notices to the website and process subscriptions. As a front desk volunteer you can commit to a set roster for 3 months. A great way to get started at zed, training will be provided.
MERCH STALL COORDINATOR
Marketing & Promotions Department
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with Michelle to book and organise stalls with festivals and events where a 4ZZZ presence would be suitable
- Actively source new avenues/event ideas for 4ZZZ to attend
- Manage the call out and organisation of 4ZZZ volunteers to run the merch/info stalls specifically
- Train volunteers in merch stall operations and 4ZZZ information spiels
- Transport marquee and merch to events or organise 4ZZZ volunteers to do so
- Represent and promote 4ZZZ at events to the highest standard to further encourage new listeners and subscribers
Keen? Contact Michelle Brown on michelleb [at] 4zzz [dot] org [dot] au
Marketing & Promotions Department
Keen to let everyone in your area know about 4ZZZ events and fundraisers? 4ZZZ need volunteers to help distribute event posters. Posters can be picked up from the station. Tips on doing poster runs and areas to cover can be provided! If you are keen to join the team we’d love a hand!
Check out our internship opportunities for 2013